Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Moving On

Yesterday was Matt's 30th birthday. We had a great surprise party on Sunday, but we just spent the day at home Monday. I'm hoping that we can get out and enjoy the fall weather with him on Saturday maybe.

I know that Matt looks forward to that every year. And really I do too. It just didn't work out yesterday, because I had a chiropractor appointment in the morning and was scheduled to tutor in the evening. The tutoring got cancelled, but I didn't find out until mid-afternoon. Matt enjoyed having time to relax and play PlayStation all afternoon.

I was worried about the way yesterday started. Zachariah woke up having thrown up in his bed. Yuck. It wasn't horrible, just liquid, but not good just the same. He didn't eat much in the morning, but he acted fine. He got better as the day went on, and we had no other indication that he was sick at all. Whew!

Unfortunately by afternoon Matt was getting a headache/migraine. We still went out for supper at our nearby Ruby Tuesday. Throughout supper Matt kept feeling worse and worse. Then his stomach started bothering him...which happens when he gets migraines. So he spent the rest of his 30th birthday in bed. Poor guy. He was feeling a bit better this morning and was off to work like usual.

I'm glad everyone was well for the party Sunday. (Besides my dad missing it because he was sick.) We did get to celebrate his big birthday a little. And it was so much fun to keep a secret about the party and actually pull it off. I was so worried that Zachariah was going to "spill the beans", but he did not.

So on with the week we will go, and hopefully with no more sickness. And on Matt goes into a new decade.

2 comments:

d e v a n said...

I hope everyone's feeling better!

Jana said...

Migraines are the worst! Hope he feels better soon.