Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cold season is here.

I have my first cold of the season. Bleck! I've been taking medicine to reduce the symptoms, but it doesn't seem to be helping a whole lot. I have a little guy running around that I can't really keep up with today. I'm still in my pajamas, and I haven't hardly thought about showering. (Unusual for me since I can't start my day without one.)

Fortunately, Zachariah is pretty easy going. He's content (mostly) to play quietly with puzzles and toys on the floor, watch movies (lots of them today), and come cuddle with me once in a while. He asks often "Are you feeling better yet?" with anticipation.

So far I'm the only one in the house who is sick. Which really stinks, because it means dishes are piling up and laundry is too. But I'm doing the best I can for now. Today is the laziest I've been so far. It's also not helping that my back hurts too. I've been to the chiropractor twice this week already and have another appointment scheduled tomorrow before we head out of town. Apparently what I thought was a sore back (and wouldn't go away) is my neck out of place and it's straining muscles near my shoulder blade and driving me nuts. But it's getting better with help.

Did I mention that I'm going away for the weekend with Matt? You probably didn't know unless I posted something on Twitter. Matt won a Ford Taurus Game Day Experience. We get to drive a 2010 Ford Taurus to the Indianapolis Colts football game against Seattle Seahawks this weekend. We also get a 2 night hotel stay, gas paid for, and 2 tickets to the game on Sunday. So, we're leaving Zachariah with grandparents this weekend and heading to Indy for a weekend alone. I can't wait.

I do hope that I'm feeling better in time for us to go. And I'm really hoping that Zachariah doesn't come down with it over the weekend and end up miserable for the grandparents. They were so gracious to drop everything and keep him for the weekend, since we only learned of this on Monday.

I suppose as with everything, you take the good with the bad. I get to go away for the weekend, but I get to take my cold with me.

7 comments:

Jana said...

What an awesome thing to win - sounds like so much fun!! I hope you're feeling better by then!

Deleted said...

What a perfect prize to win! Congrats, I hope you are feeling better before you head out. Good luck to everyone on not getting sick :D

d e v a n said...

What a fun prize! Start taking lots of vitamin C, probiotics and stay away from sugar and get lots of sleep - you'll get better faster! :)

Cherish said...

That sounds like a really exciting weekend. I hope you're feeling better in time, but even if you're a bit sniffly, Im sure you'll still have a great time!

CAQuincy said...

Enjoy your trip! Say hi to my Mom for me! Hope you feel better. :-)

Anonymous said...

Feel better and enjoy your prize. WOO HOO!

Eli's Lids said...

I hope you are feeling better for your trip! I'm iching for a vacation... I even looked at cruises last night...