Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bugs and things

My son does not really like bugs. I guess I'm not too surprised since he's around me most of the time, and I tend to say "ewww and bug/spider" when I see one. I try not to over-react, because I know he's paying attention.


This morning I was in the office on the computer (I miss my own laptop), and Zachariah came running into the room screaming. OK, here, let me tell the story with pictures since I took the time to take them.

First Zachariah comes running into the office and starts crying. "Dere's a bug on my prezzles." (There's a bug on my puzzles.) I told him don't worry we'll go get it.

So, here he is in the living room keeping a close eye on that bug...from a very safe distance. I looked at the bug and said no problem, we'll get it. Zachariah said "Sorry, Mom." Aww, you don't have to be sorry. No big deal.





This is what Zachariah was doing before the nasty bug decided to interfere. Umm, do you see a bug on the puzzles? Me either.




Oh there it is, about 2 feet away from the puzzles. Uhh, do you see that tiny speck there...yep, that's it. I almost didn't believe him.





Here's a closer view of it. Way zoomed in. My camera was almost touching his little bug head. This is what was threatening my son's love of puzzles.




How do you solve the bug extermination when your husband isn't around? Well, I pull out my trusty friend...the vacuum.



The vacuum kindly sucked the bug right up and out of our way. Now we can peacefully resume the puzzle putting together.

8 comments:

Pam said...

Awwwww, bless him. My son reacts the same way and hates flies too.
Just what are those bugs? We have them too and some of them are gigantic! You might call them centipedes? We have centipedes in the UK but they are much smaller and don't run as fast!

Mommy Daisy said...

Yep, we've always called them centepedes. I just googled it, and they are "house centepedes". Fun.

Nowheymama said...

Good job, Mommy!

Is there anything cuter than a little boy in footie PJs?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the look on his face in that picture!!

Kelsey said...

I used to find those in my classroom and let me tell you they freak me right the heck out because they are so fast! And creepy looking. I have to say I side with Zachariah on this one! At school I used to pretend it was some big honor to help me take the bug outside. . . and ask which child wanted to do it, I always had plenty of volunteers and never had to get near the things myself.

Emily said...

We have that same puzzle with the baby's face. It's part of a set of 3? They were handed down to us, so there might be more...

2Forgetful said...

LOL! Great pics and excellent use of the vacuum.

I'm not a big fan of bugs but I don't want my girls to grow up squeamish. So I've been doing the opposite - when I see bugs I excitedly say "Ooo, look a bug!" and have them bend over to look at it with me.

Deleted said...

Buwhahahahahahahahahahaha! Great story line :D
You guys are cute!!!!