Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Time gone by

So much time has gone by since I last posted. There are plenty of things I want to say. Too many, really. I don't know where to start. Let's just make this easy for us all and put it in an easy-to-read and easy-to-write list.

1. We had an awesome Christmas. We opened gifts here with Zachariah the Saturday before Christmas. Christmas Eve we headed up to spend the holidays with our families. We went many many places. Got many many gifts. Saw many, many people. Then we came home January 2nd.

2. Yesterday Zachariah and I got the tree and other decorations down and put away. Now I'm still working on getting my house back in order.

3. My friend J had her baby boy on Christmas Eve! Yay! She was 10 days overdue. But Traigh is here now. Unfortunately I haven't been able to see him yet, except through pictures. We were already home for our holiday vacation when he was born here. Although getting her text message last Christmas Eve night was a great Christmas gift.

4. I have gotten to see Traigh this week, because I've been sick. I came down with a cold a few days after Christmas. I haven't felt too horrible, but I know I can't be around a newborn until I'm all cleared up. I'm slowly getting better. At least Matt & Zachariah got to meet Baby Traigh Sunday evening at small group. J said Zachariah was so cute with the baby. She got a few photos of them together, but I haven't seen them yet. I just can't wait to get better and get over there to meet the new little one myself.

5. More baby news! We found out the Tuesday before Christmas that Matt's sister is having a boy. Yay! I'm so excited to finally be an aunt, and I know what to do with boys now. So bring it on. We can't wait to meet their little one in May. (And there's a chance that I will be babysitting him when she returns to work, but I suppose that's another story.)

6. MORE baby news!!! It's like all babies all the time around me. (Around me, but not me unfortunately.) But if it can't be me, I'd love for it to be my sister, Rachel. Most of you remember that she lost her first baby at 18 weeks last spring. Well, she announced (with a gift of an ultrasound photo) to my mom and our family that she's expecting again! She was 16 weeks at Christmas. They were able to get an ultrasound to check things (because of problems last time) and everything is great. And it's a boy!! They were surprised to find out early, but they are thrilled. And I'm so happy for them too! So we'll be having another new nephew due a month after the first...in June.

7. Zachariah was in his first church Christmas program this year. He knew his song so well. It was so cute too. When it came time for the performance, he was front and center. And...he didn't sing one word. Not one! He was too busy watching the parents take pictures and trying to find us watching him. So funny! But he did perform his song in front of everyone Christmas day. :D

OK, I think that's the most excitement I can handle for a while. I'm sure I have plenty more blog fodder. I just need to start writing down what I want to share...or it won't get done.

Happy 2010 everyone!

7 comments:

Jana said...

Sounds like you had a great couple of weeks! Too funny about Zachariah not singing at the concert - sounds like great fodder for AFV, though!

kristi said...

Wow...lots of new baby news!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2010!

Pam said...

Happy New Year! All those baby boys!!! Sounds like trouble and fun.

d e v a n said...

HUGE congrats to your sister and what a lot of great news!yay!

Nowheymama said...

Wow! It's great to catch up on all that's going on.

Sarah said...

Did ANY of those kids sing at the program?! Ha. It was cute though.
So happy about your sister's news. Prayers that all goes smoothly this time!